“Our large sales force is under performing. Turnover is killing us. How do we compete to win?”
Companies that rely upon large sales forces, such as real estate brokerages, financial services companies, and direct sellers, too often accept the high price of turnover and under performance as a cost of doing business. This resigned approach is easy, but it’s lousy stewardship on many levels of people, leadership, and profitability.
Turnover is typically an expense of neglect originating with the company leaders who “created” the system and culture. Top ranking officers need to own this deficit of performance and invest in improving the overall system of recruiting, training, tracking, and leading. Invariably, patterns of performance gaps are traced to ill-defined expectations and/or explanations. Muddled messages created confused results.
On-Purpose Partners serves sales-force dependent clients by:
- Clarifying the purpose, vision, mission, and values of the sales organization and, if needed, the company
- Assessing the marketing strategy and selling system and its context within the larger business operation
- Crafting the sales strategic story for engaging the company’s investors, team members, and customers
- Identifying recruiting, on-boarding, training, compensation, products, competition, and trends for the best patterns and behaviors of success that we can document, train to, and measure
- Creating a sales force training and development architecture and delivery system by using various learning modalities:
- Accelerating training development by leveraging a combination of built-from-scratch programs and third party tools and programs, including On-Purpose® curriculum and train-the-trainer program
- Linking personal purpose to the purpose of the organization and integrated both to performance and right behaviors
- Documenting needed competencies and metrics from new salesperson to top sales leader
- Designing rollout strategies to speed field training and transformation to improved success methodologies
- Delivering train-the-trainer programs for existing sales leaders to model and train within the field
- Providing keynote speaking at regional and national conferences